April 27th 2018 Istanbul, Turkey
In the presence of His Excellency the Minister of Youth & Sport of the Republic of Turkey Dr. Osman Askin BAK, the Supervision & Coordination committee held a meeting with the Organizing Committee of the 5th Islamic Solidarity Games, Istanbul 2021 during the period 25-27 April, 2018 to discuss the start of preparations for hosting and holding the Games in Istanbul & to debate the Proposed Plan for the Games.
The meeting was attended by:
- General Ahmed Sayed FOULY, Chairman of the Supervision & Coordination Committee.
- Mohammed Saleh AL-GARNAS Secretary General of ISSF and member of the Supervision and Coordination Committee.
- Nehat USTA Vice President OF ISSF.
- Konul Nurullayeva member of the Supervision & Coordination Committee
- Ashraf Abdulghafour “Rapporteur” of the Supervision & Coordination Committee.
The meeting was also attended by:
- Mehmet BAYKAN, General Directorate of Sport.
- Mehmet Muharrem KASAPOGLU, Representative of 2021 Istanbul 5th ISG Organizing Committee.
- Veli Ozan CAKIR Deputy General Director of Sport.
- Nese GUNDOGAN, Secretary General of the Turkish Olympic Committee.
- Mehmet Ata OZTURK, Vice- President of Spor Toto Organization.
- Kamil Celebi KILINK, Department Head of International Organizations.
The meeting began with a speech delivered by His Excellency the Minister of Youth & Sport who welcomed the members of Islamic Solidarity Sports Federation and noted that the Government and People of Turkey are welcoming the hosting the 5th Islamic solidarity Games in Istanbul in 2021.
His Excellency the Minister pointed out that the stadiums and sport facilities are ready to embrace the Games and that the Ministry of Youth & Sport of Turkey will be working hand in hand with the ISSF t send a message, through the Games, to the whole world about ” the solidarity in Islam through sport”.
Then the Major General Ahmed Sayed Fouly, thanked the Minister of youth and Sport for his interest and attendance to the meeting, and pointed out that this meeting represents the launching of preparations to host this Event on the territory of the Republic of Turkey praising the sport facilities, the human potentiality and experience of Turkey in organizing similar important events.
Such valuable factors will ensure the high level of organization of the 5th Islamic Solidarity Games & will involve the 57 Member States of ISSF and will enhance the fact that this Event/the Games represents the 2nd largest sport gathering in the world after the Olympic Games.
He added that the Games will send a strong message to the whole world that Turkey is able to organize the Olympic Games.
The Secretary General of ISSF Mr. Mohammed Saleh AL-GARNAS noted that the Islamic Solidarity Sports Federation is fully convinced that the big Governmental support to the Games will make the Games a successful extension to the Excellence accomplished earlier during the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games held in Baku, Azerbaijan in May 2017.
Mr. AL-GARNAS confirmed that the presence of His Excellency the Minister of Youth & Sport of Turkey in the meeting has prevailed a special importance on the meeting.
During the meeting, however, the following topics were discussed:
- The date of the Games.
- The final sports enlisted in the Games.
- Composing the Organizing Committee and appointing the Director of the Games.
- Composing the Supervision and Coordination Committee.
- The Marketing and TV broadcasting issues.
- Signing the agreement of organizing and hosting the Games.
- The Logo and Mascot of the Games.
- The site of the Games.
- Extending the official invitation
- Preparing the General Rules, Technical Regulations and the Forms of participation in the Games.
- Fees of Participation in the Games.
- The timetable of activities until 2021
- The NOC of Turkey hosting the meetings of ISSF
- Hosting some activities of ISSF until 2021.
- The proposal of Istanbul as the “Sport Capital of Islamic Countries” in 2021.