May 5th,2018 (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
On the occasion of launching the 2nd International Solidarity Archery Championships, a press conference was held on Saturday, 5th May, 2018 in the presence of:
- The Secretary General of ISSF, Mr. Mohammed Saleh Al-QARNAS,
- The President of Bangladesh Archery Federation, Lt. Gen. Md. Mainul Islam,
- The Executive Board Member of ISSF and Secretary General of Bangladesh Archery Federation, Mr. Kazi Rajib Uddin Ahmed Chapol,
- The Chairman of Technical Committee, Mr. Saad Ahmed Al-Mash’hadani (Iraq),
- The Official of International Archery Federation, Mr. Andrea Jaber(Italy),
- Ahmed Qoura (Egypt), and
- Ashraf Dahroug, the Official in charge of technical affairs at the ISSF.
The Secretary General of ISSF Mr. AL-GARNAS gave a speech and conveyed the greetings of the Consultant and President of the ISSF Hon. Turky bin Abdulmohsen AL-AHEIKH as well as his best wishes of success to the championships.
Mr. AL-GARNAS expressed thanks to the Government and People of Bangladesh for hosting the 2nd International Archery Championships and thanked also the NOC and Archery Federation of Bangladesh. He, also forwarded special thanks to Mr. Kazi Rajib Uddin Ahmed CHAPOL the ISSF Executive Board member for his great efforts to organize the Championships.
Mr. Al-GARNAS highlighted the keen interest of ISSF to support the Championships and underlined the dedication shown by the officials of Bangladesh to host & organize the Championships.
He, also, referred to the fact that this 2nd Edition of the championships is mainly characterized by the results to be accredited by the International Archery Federation which is going to help the athletes involved to improve their international rankings.
The President of Bangladesh Archery Federation praised the support provided by the ISSF to the Championships being the essential element that enabled to make the Championships approved and has contributed to its successive improvement year after year.
The Secretary General of Bangladesh Archery Federation Mr. Chapol, noted that the number of countries participating in this edition of the Championships has reached to 18 countries and that the competition therein is expected to be strong.