The ISSF Secretary General Mr. Mohammed S. Al-Garnas attended the 46th session of the Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) which was held under the motto “50 Years of Islamic Cooperation: Roadmap for Prosperity and Development” in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of United Arab Emirates on 01-02 March 2019.
The inaugural session saw Bangladesh handing over the presidency to the UAE and the election of the new Board. The UAE will chair the CFM, assisted by Afghanistan, Uganda and Palestine as Vice-Chairs and Bangladesh as a Rapporteur.
H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation expressed his thanks to Dr. Yousef bin Ahmed Al-Othaimeen, the OIC Secretary General, and his team for their sincere efforts to bolster joint cooperation and coordination so as to implement the OIC’s goals and principles in their celebration of the OIC’s 50th anniversary.
During the Session, sports resolutions of ISSF were reviewed, including but not limited to:
- To express its gratitude to the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, led by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdul Aziz and HRH Prince Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud the Crown Prince to embrace the ISSF’s headquarters and the material and moral support given to the ISSF in terms of the faith of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the full attention given to all issues related to the youth of the Islamic Ummah.
- To welcome the ISSF General Assembly’s resolution to approve that the City of Istanbul is the host of the 5th Islamic Solidarity Games to be held in 2021.
- To welcome all the resolutions taken by the 3rd Session of the Islamic Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers (ICYSM).
- To extend thanks to the ISSF General Secretariat for the efforts exerted in the preparation of the OIC Sports Strategy.
- To appreciate the efforts to implement the Program for Sports Capital of the Islamic Countries (SCIC).
- To praise the future activities included in ISSF Plan for 2019.
- To welcome the offer of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, represented by its General Sports Authority (GSA), to host the 5th Session of the Islamic Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers (ICYSM) in 2020.