Idea of establishing the Union:
At their 3rd Islamic Summit Conference held in Mecca and AI Taif (1981), the leaders of Islamic world adopted a decision to establish the Islamic Solidarity Sports Federation ( I.S.S.F ) in order to serve the needs of the OIC member countries in all aspects of sports activities. In 1985 and at the initiative of HRH the late Prince Faisal Fahd Abdulaziz, President of Saudi Arabia’s General Presidency of Youth Welfare, the OIC invited the NOCs and Youth and Sports governmental organizations in Muslim countries to attend the constituent assembly for the foundation of the I.S.S.F in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Representatives of 34 Muslim countries attended this assembly and ratified the I.S.S.F statute.
- Decision Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Decision Summit
- Establishment of the Union:
- About the Union:
- Objectives and tasks of the Union:
• To supervise the organization of a multi-sport event be held once every four years for member countries. This event shall be called the Islamic Solidarity Games.
• To supervise the organization of tournaments and championships in all sports
• To encourage the exchange of bilateral visits between sports teams of Member countries.
• To enter into cooperation agreements with sports organizations at international, continental and regional levels
• To train and develop sports cadres in Member states through the exchange of technical expertise and the organization of training courses in various fields of sports.
• To hold conferences, symposia, exhibitions and museums, to supervise studies and researches and to disseminate publications serving the I.S.S.F goals